As mentioned in a previous letter, we have finally been approved for renovations of our girls dorm starting this summer! Preparations have already begun with the major upgrades starting the week after the end of our school year and lasting through the month of July and on into mid-August. In our last communication regarding these much-wanted renovations, we relayed how our TAIS girls would stay in a TAA girls dormitory; however, due to scheduling conflicts we need to make adjustments accordingly:
- The TAIS girls will be moving to the current TAC boys dormitory, staying on their own level under the TAIS girls dean supervision. This building is the same building as the current TAIS boys dorm.
- Students will stay in different levels (girls on the 1st floor boys on the 2nd floor). A security door is installed which prevents students from entering dorm areas of the opposite sex. Boys and girls will also use different entrances to enter/exit the dorm building.
- Inside and outside the dorm, plus at all entrances of the dorm building, surveillance and alarms systems are equipped to ensure the safety of students.
- There are bathroom/shower rooms on both levels and separate areas for laundry with no need for cross-over.
- Since there is no study hall room on the girls’ level, girls will have study hall inside their room with the room door open for the purpose of dean’s supervision.
- All students will be informed and trained into understand that it is strictly forbidden to approach or enter the dorm area of the opposite sex, including the entrances, living quarters, and outdoor laundry/drying space. Violations will be discharged from the dorm and discontinued the summer school program.
- For summer school girls dorm facilities, please refer to : https://tais.tw/dorm-life/
We have finally been approved for renovations for our girls dorm starting this summer! We have been able to secure contractors for the girls dormitory, with upgrades starting the week after the end of our school year and lasting through the month of July and on into August.
To be able to make room for the summer renovations to happen, we will have to make the following adjustments to our summer school living situation:
The TAIS summer school girls will be moving to the current TAIS boy’s dorm 1F, staying on their own level under the TAIS girls dean supervision(TAIS summer school boys will live in 2nd floor, enter in and go out from different entrance). This building is located close to Daniel Hall and will be security measures in place to ensure students’ safety.
It should only effect our summer school attendees, as the contractors have informed us they will complete their upgrades in August.